Vanilla Sweet Short Crust Pastry Tart Shell
Prep time: 15min
Baking : 20-30min
Yields: 40-45 tart shells
- Combine the plain flour, icing sugar and salt into a food processor bowl.
Process until combined.
- Add in the butter and process until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add in the egg and vanilla bean paste and process until the dough just comes together. Transfer dough onto a clean surface. Knead the dough to combine. Cut in half and roll each dough in between two sheets of baking paper to about 0.2cm thick. Freeze until firm for about 20-30min.
- Preheat oven to 160ºc. Lightly spray 6cm diameter by 2cm high perforated tart rings with canola oil spray. Cut strips of W:2cm x L: 18cm chilled pastry and working with one sheet at a time, mould the strip inside the perforated tart ring and cut off any excess, making sure to press gently to mould into the ring and moulding the seems as well. Stamp the moulded tart onto the pastry sheet to make the base of the tart. Repeat to all the strips. Any excess pastry can be moulded back together and rolled out the same. Freeze the moulded pastry rings for 1hr.
- Assemble the frozen moulded tart rings onto a perforated silicone mat 1.5-2cm apart, bake for 20-25min or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down completely. Remove from the rings.
White Chocolate Cocoa Butter Coating
- Combine white chocolate and cocoa butter in a saucepan over low heat. Mix continuously until melted.
- Remove from the heat. Allow to cool down to 30ºc.
- Using a pastry brush, dip into the cocoa butter mixture and brush the inside of the tart shell to coat.
- Allow the coating to set in room temperature.
Storing: Store tart shells in an airtight container and glad wrap the container. Can be kept for 2 months in room temperature in a cool dry place.
Sweet short crust pastry
250g plain flour
100g icing sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
Cocoa butter coating
200g white chocolate
100g cocoa butter