Prep time: 20min
Yield: 60 finished macarons
- Melt chocolate and set aside.
- Combine the passionfruit puree, yuzu juice and glucose syrup in a saucepan over medium to low heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and pour over melted chocolate. Stir to combine and emulsify using a stick blender until smooth.
- Add in the butter and salt and emulsify until combined.
- Pour mix into a baking dish or rectangular cake tin, cover the surface with glad wrap and allow to chill overnight in room temp or chill in the fridge until a pipeable consistency is achieved.
Yellow vanilla macaron shell
- Preheat oven to 150ºc Fan force for domestic ovens or 130ºc, Fan speed 1, 50% extraction for commercial ovens (Unox bakers top).
- Combine vanilla tant pour tant, egg whites (A) and gel food colouring in a medium to large bowl. Using a spatula mix until a paste forms. Do not overmix. Set aside.
- Combine the caster sugar and water into a saucepan. Mix once and place over medium to low heat. Cook the sugar mixture until it reaches 118ºc, do not stir.
- Meanwhile pour the egg whites into a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Once the sugar syrup has come to 118ºc, remove from the heat and allow the bubbles to subside. Meanwhile beat the egg whites on high until frothy and turns white, do not overmix.
- Decrease the speed to medium and gradually stream in the sugar syrup mixture. Once all the sugar syrup is poured, beat on high until it triples in volume and produces a thick marshmallow like texture meringue.
- Fold in 1/3 of the meringue mixture into the almond paste, mixing well until combined.
- Fold in the next 1/3 and fold until combined. Repeat with the remaining meringue and fold until the mixture drops like lava when lifted using a spatula.
- Transfer mix into a piping bag and pipe 4cm rounds onto prepared baking paper. Making sure to pipe 1.5cm-2cm apart. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 130ºc and transfer trays into the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool down before peeling off the paper.
Assembling the macaron
- Assemble the baked and cooled macaron shells onto a bench top with one top facing upwards and another below facing with the flat side up.
- Transfer ganache into a piping bag and pipe a dollop on top of the flat macaron shell. Sandwich with the other half of the shell and gently press together. Repeat to all the macarons and refrigerate the macarons overnight for the best results.
- Macarons can be frozen after assembly for up to 1-2 months in an airtight container.
250g Passionfruit puree (or fresh passionfruit pulp, seeds discarded)
500g Milk chocolate
20g Glucose syrup
3g Sea salt flakes
Yellow macaron shell
600g Vanilla Tant pour tant (recipe in basic macaron vanilla shell)
110g egg whites (A)
300g caster sugar
110g egg whites (B)
15g yellow Food gel Colouring
1g brown food gel colouring (optional)
100g black sesame seeds, to garnish